Position: Business Analyst
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa.
Job Type: Full-Time/Salary/Exempt
Industry: Retirement Services/FinTech Software
Travel: 0% – 5%
IRALOGIX is a tech-fueled B2B IRA services firm that is revolutionizing the industry approach to record-keeping. Through scalability, we empower partner companies (‘Partners’) to provide broader access to the best retirement services possible. While democratizing through simplicity, we significantly lower administration costs and increase efficiency beyond industry expectations.
As a BUSINESS ANALYST you strive to improve technology experiences for IRALOGIX’s Accountholders, Partners, and internal stakeholders through collecting and interpreting data from many areas of the organization, uncovering areas for improvement, presenting recommendations, and memorializing the group’s consensus into documentation. The Business Analyst’s primary objective is supporting IRALOGIX’s Product Management Team, Design and Innovation Team, and Development Team in delivering technology solutions, while maintaining a tight feedback loop with an array of stakeholders and communicating next steps.
- Continuously synthesize complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous language in several forms (e.g., product backlog maintenance and refinement, preparing release notes for Product Management Team, etc.)
- Convert wireframes into user stories that capture the complexities of business requirements and UI conventions, working closely with the design, product, and development teams
- Facilitating lively and efficient discussions of multi-faceted business problems, while empathizing with an array of stakeholders (e.g., accountholders, partners, call center staff, developers, designers, QA Testers, etc.)
- Capture, analyze, refine, articulate, and maintain the backlog of upcoming projects
- Participate in Agile cadences such as Scrum standup meetings, backlog refinement sessions, reviews, retrospectives, etc.
- Manage changes to requirements throughout the project lifecycle, including managing production support tickets
- Occasional travel for training, meetings, or other purposes may be required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for solving problems with a dogged focus on improving stakeholder experiences
- Proven ability to proactively grow subject matter expertise by seeking clarification and contextualization on requirements (i.e., is not shy when it comes to asking clarifying questions)
- Initiative to facilitate meetings while asking questions and soliciting feedback, presenting and capturing notes/requirements in various software tools (experience with Jira, Rally, VersionOne, or other similar backlog management tools is a plus)
- Empathetic understanding of broadly ranging perspectives of stakeholders
- Familiarity with Agile methodology (experience working on a Scrum team is a plus)
- Knowledge of standard conventions and best practices for writing software requirements
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including preparing collateral to present findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders (e.g., process flows, financial models, PowerPoint presentations, project management tools, etc.)
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and priorities for all product channels
- Creative, self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, and responsible team-player
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally
Must be US Citizen, Permanent Resident or eligible to work in the US permanently
Four-year undergraduate degree